A workplace mobility plan is a high-quality professional document prepared for a company, a group of companies or a work area or zone, based on modern principles, to identify the situation and the needs directly and indirectly related to mobility and to develop an action plan and a package of measures based on these, with regular feedback and follow-up.
For employers, the need to operate efficiently and economically is a priority, and a significant proportion of them pay particular attention to social responsibility and environmental protection. In addition to addressing the challenges mentioned above, workplace mobility planning offers a modern solution to these strategic objectives.
It is important to note that the proposed measures go beyond the site(s) and partly address other related investments (which can be communicated more effectively to stakeholders, e.g. city authorities) but also raise several regulatory and organisational issues.
To ensure continuous improvement, regular feedback is of paramount importance, and therefore a new survey and evaluation documentation proposed to be prepared at agreed intervals with the employer to monitor changes in the employer's institutions.
Our planning and consultancy activities for workplaces and employers:
- Mapping the availability and operating conditions of the company and its sites
- Assessing the transport habits and attitudes of employees
- Active dialogue with company staff involved in mobility development
- Tailor an action plan taking into account the specificities of the company and the needs of the employees.
What are the benefits of workplace mobility planning for employers?
The aim is to create a transport action plan in active cooperation with the employer to ensure a progressive development in workplace mobility.
The change will benefit both employees and employers and, on a larger scale, will be in the long-term interest of the local community. The positive effects of well-designed job mobility measures include:
- making it more cost-effective and climate-friendly to reach the workplace(s) and, where appropriate, to travel between sites,
- help employers to organise and choose how to commute to work within the city where they operate and from possible rural destinations,
- to make suggestions in addition to public transport for more efficient, affordable and environmentally friendly shared transport solutions for those who choose to use private transport,
- responding to rising fuel prices, inflationary pressures and the need to alleviate potential parking problems,
- the community-building effect of the measures has a positive impact on worker motivation,
- a broader employer mobility offer and solutions tailored to all transport user groups can strengthen employer branding and thus the company's ability to retain staff,
- reduce the environmental impact of commuting and, in particular, of private car use,
- reduce the investment and management costs of facilities for transport purposes,
- the choice of active transport modes has a long-term positive impact on the health of employees,
- measures positively affect transport safety and mobility awareness of workers.
Our experience with workplace mobility planning:
- Smart Alliance For Sustainable Mobility (SASMOB) project (Urban Innovative Action programme, 2019-2022): professional support to 7 large employers in Szeged with a total of 5000 employees
- SHAREPLACE project (Interreg CE programme, 2017-2020): preparation of carpooling pilot for companies
- Improvement of the bus network and timetable for large employers, development of a new fare system for commuting to work and organisation of employers' fora in Nyíregyháza