A regional or county cycling strategy provides the complex conditions for everyday and leisure cycling by considering the objectives and setting out the development directions, and thus provides long-term guidance for the actors involved in the development of cycling-friendly infrastructure and cycling tourism. Careful planning of development projects and the creation of a coherent regional core network is also the most efficient way to use development funds.
The aim of a regional or county cycling network plan (master plan) is to assess the situation of cycling in the region and its surroundings: the existing network and its condition, cycling traffic, cyclability, obstacles to cycling, missing elements of the network and, on this basis, to propose improvements to be implemented. The main objective is to establish the priorities for development in the region; to examine how the cycling network will develop in the area.
The purpose of a cycling network plan (master plan) is to assess the situation of cycling in the city or municipality and its surroundings, but at least in the designated area of intervention: cycling traffic, cyclability, obstacles to cycling, and to propose improvements to increase the share of cycling and to encourage more people to choose cycling as their everyday means of transport.
- Cycling strategies
- Regional or county cycling network plans
- Csongrád-Csanád County Cycling Strategy - County Cycling Network Plan (2021)
- Cycling Strategy of Bács-Kiskun County - County Cycling Network Plan (2022- ongoing)
- Cycling network plans
- Dunaújváros Cycling Network Plan (2017)
- Buda Region Touristic Cycling Network Development Plan (2021)
- Vecsés Cycling Network Plan (2022- ongoing)
- Cycling route development concepts
Connected services: cycle route surveys